Concepts and Tools Introduced: Brain Dump, Solution Seeking Mantra
Best time to use this tool: when you need to GTD (Get Things Done) but are either paralyzed by anxiety to take action or unable to prioritize your next action step.
Key Points to Remember:
- Goal is to prime your physiology and stimulate creative problem solving.
- Activity is stimulating enough to make you breath hard, but able to relax into autopilot.
- Mantra = Solution Seeking Question
- Keep It Simple – Brain Dump > Mantra > Body In Motion > Brain Dump
Things you’ll need:
- Notepad or journal and pen.
- A place to sit free of distractions or noise-canceling headphones.
- The ability elevate your heart rate with some form of movement.
Two fundamental things you need to remember about your brain:
- Your brain is a problem-solving machine.
- Your brain doesn’t know you have access to external memory or a reminder system.